Tuesday, June 17, 2014

So the lifespan of an oven is 10 months

So last night at 10:00 PM I here this CRASH

Yeah that's my truck under there. Oh, and the reason you can't see the brick oven is 'cause IT"S UNDER THE @#$%%^^&* TREE


Notice however that the trusses didn't fail. Yes I do build for the unexpected but this is a bit much.






The oven you might recall looked like this
Trucks make lousy truss supports. The roofs are too weak.

Just to the left of the "carport/scrap pile" was the metal grape arbor I was building. This will add to the fun of demolition 'cause there is a 2000 psi oxygen tank in there too. Woohoo !!!!

You know how when you finish building something you tend to look back and think 
"Ya know, if I was to do this over, I'd............" Stay tuned.  Here we go again.


1 comment:

  1. HOLY MOLY! Man, I am sorry to see this, Greg. Please let me know when you are ready to start OPERATION CLEAN UP and I will come help you. I have a good pair of gloves, a truck, access to a trailer, and a cooler for beer ;) ~Dana Goolsby

    ReplyDelete